Custom Receiver: Log4View behaves strangely when opened with file path specified on command line

Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Custom Receiver: Log4View behaves strangely when opened with file path specified on command line

Olaf Kober (Anton Paar GmbH)
Hello!

I wrote a custom receiver and registered it as handler for a specific file extension, as mentioned in http://forum.log4view.com/Log4View-v2-Support-for-custom-file-receivers-td509.html.

Now, when opening Log4View and supplying a file path via command line, Log4View behaves a bit strangely.

First, the custom receiver configuration dialog is shown without the Log4View main window.

Second, the Log4View main window gets mis-located, meaning it doesn't restore window size correctly. I have to change window size manually every time.

Third, my custom receiver factory is called, the receiver is created and added to the Logger window, but for that receiver there is no tab created in the message window.

I made a screen video for your to better understand the issues:
https://amarok.blob.core.windows.net/public/Log4View Open File via Command Line.mp4

The last two issues seem severe to me

Kind regards,
Olaf
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Custom Receiver: Log4View behaves strangely when opened with file path specified on command line

Ulrich
Administrator
Hello Olaf,

as you already noticed 😊, we released a new version of Log4View. This addresses your requirement of hiding a configuration dialog from custom receivers, but should also fix the problem you mentioned below.
Double-clicking a log file should now show the correct message view window in Log4View.
Is this correct or do you still have problems?

Regards

Ulrich
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Custom Receiver: Log4View behaves strangely when opened with file path specified on command line

Olaf Kober (Anton Paar GmbH)
Hello!

I still have to do some testing, but it seems this is also fixed.

Many thanks!
Olaf