according to earlier posts similar things happen from time to time but my case differs slightly in the language I'm calling from:
- I'm calling log4NET from LabVIEW
- I'm using (for evaluation) file appender, UDP-appender, (prosa)TCP-Appender
- file appender works
- UDP appender works (also over LAN)
-> The two points above make me think the integration can't be too bad...
- TCP-Appender does not work, neither locally nor via LAN when fed from my integration
- TCP-Appender works locally and over LAN when fed by LogEmiter.exe
- prosa.logappender.dll version 11.2.502.172
- Log4net.dll version 188.8.131.52 used by my integration, sitting next to my "Log4NET log.vi"
- Log4net.dll version 184.108.40.206 used by LogEmiter.exe, sitting next to "LogEmiter.exe"
<appender name="TcpAppender1" type="prosa.LogAppender.TcpAppender, prosa.LogAppender">
<layout type="log4net.Layout.XmlLayout" />
<appender-ref ref="TcpAppender1" />
<appender name="TcpAppender" type="prosa.LogAppender.TcpAppender, prosa.LogAppender">
I guess the reason might be the version mismatch.
But no, I can't just compile the appender.
Are there appenders available for various Log4NET versions?