Some times I would like to save the current session i.e.
Configuration + coloring + bookmarks + comments + All messages, including those currently filtered out
Currently that would require several steps, result in at least two files, and afterward configuration has to be reloaded as the steps resets the configuration:
1) Make notes about highliting colors
2) Make notes about time filter
3) Make notes about bookmarks
4) Make notes about comments (not sure if these can already be save currently)
5) reset filters and which loggers to show in order to be able to save all entries
* ... (possible more yet unidentified)
Current work around:
1) copy logfiles before open in log4view
2) save configuration for each set of copied log files
3) Make notes as above on by need basis
To export messages including their comments and bookmarks use Ctrl-Shift+S or select all messages and click "Save Selection" in the message view's context menu.
If a (time-) filter is applied, only the messages not filtered will be saved. Our next major version of Log4View will handle time filters like regular ones, making them saveable.
By highlighting color do you mean the colors and fonts settings or the highlighting of loggers via the context menu?
I was trying Ctrl+Shift+S but it does not really fit what I was looking for
the functionality I was looking for was a way to close Log4View with save in such a way you that you can reopen and continue where you left. If you use Ctrl+Shift+S you can not really do that as if you disable a filter reloading those message that was filtered will not show since those messages was not save in the first place.
By highlighting color I mean the highlighting of loggers via the context menu?