classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

System.ArgumentException when starting Log4View

Gabriel
Hello,

The application worked fine until yesterday.
Today when I try to start the application, it raises the following exception:

System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added.
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)
   at DevExpress.Xpf.Docking.DockLayoutManager.ContainerGenerator.GetContainerForItem(IGeneratorHost generatorHost, Object item, DataTemplate itemTemplate, DataTemplateSelector itemTemplateSelector)
   at DevExpress.Xpf.Docking.DockLayoutManager.GetContainerForItem(Object item, BaseLayoutItem target)
   at Prosa.Log4View.Utils.Wpf.DockLayoutManagerEx.OnAddToItemsSource(IEnumerable newItems, Int32 startingIndex)
   at DevExpress.Xpf.Docking.BaseItemsCollection`1.System.Windows.IWeakEventListener.ReceiveWeakEvent(Type managerType, Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.WeakEventManager.ListenerList.DeliverEvent(Listener& listener, Object sender, EventArgs args, Type managerType)
   at System.Windows.WeakEventManager.ListenerList`1.DeliverEvent(Object sender, EventArgs e, Type managerType)
   at System.Windows.WeakEventManager.DeliverEvent(Object sender, EventArgs args)
   at System.Collections.Specialized.NotifyCollectionChangedEventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, NotifyCollectionChangedEventArgs e)
   at System.Collections.ObjectModel.ObservableCollection`1.OnCollectionChanged(NotifyCollectionChangedEventArgs e)
   at System.Collections.ObjectModel.ObservableCollection`1.InsertItem(Int32 index, T item)
   at Prosa.Log4View.Infrastructure.WorkspaceManager.Initialize()
   at Prosa.Log4View.Core.Log4ViewVm.Start(Boolean loadSettings)
   at Prosa.Log4View.Core.Log4ViewControl.OnLoaded(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.BroadcastEventHelper.BroadcastEvent(DependencyObject root, RoutedEvent routedEvent)
   at System.Windows.BroadcastEventHelper.BroadcastLoadedEvent(Object root)
   at MS.Internal.LoadedOrUnloadedOperation.DoWork()
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireLoadedPendingCallbacks()
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireInvokeOnRenderCallbacks()
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandlerCore(Object resizedCompositionTarget)
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandler(Object resizedCompositionTarget)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.OnResize()
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.HandleMessage(WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.HwndTargetFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)

I tried to reinstall the application after uninstalling and removing appdata\Roaming\Log4View V2 folder but it did not work.

The version I am using is the last available: 1.1.2.1323

Thanks!

- Gabriel -
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: System.ArgumentException when starting Log4View

Gabriel
Fixed after install version 1.2.1.1341

Thanks!

- Gabriel -
Reply | Threaded
|

Ed Wax
I have version V2 1.2.1.1341 installed (for ~1 month) and just started receiving the System.ArgumentException when starting Log4View today (7am in USA).

System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added.
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
Reply | Threaded
|

Ed Wax
I have uninstalled the latest version of Log4View and have installed V2 v1.0.2.1227.  At least the app starts up.
Reply | Threaded
|

Ulrich
Administrator
Hi Ed,

Can you please send us the Log4View log file “Log4ViewV2.xlog” to support@prosa.biz.
It is located at “%AppData%\Log4View V2”.

I suppose the problem is related to some specific layout configuration.
You can try to fix the problem by deleting the file "Log4View.lvc" located in the same folder.

Thank you

Ulrich
Reply | Threaded
|

Ed Wax
In reply to this post by Ed Wax
Well, using this version, the app starts successfully the first time but crashes in subsequent starts.  So there does not seem to be any way to get the application to run these days.  How can this be?

This is getting to be annoying; and I have paid for a SITE LICENSE.
Ed
Reply | Threaded
|

Ed
In reply to this post by Ulrich
Dear Prosa,

Am I the only customer, aside from Gabriel, to experience this argument exception?  Please note that I am forced to use V2 v1.0.12.1227 (per Windows properties/details).  I downloaded and installed this in the January 2018 timeframe.  I have found that versions 1.1.*, 1.2.* and 1.3.* all exhibit the same behavior:  app runs without issue after the initial install.  However, on subsequent starts the argument exception rears its head and stops working; typically this happens seconds after the app has been launched.  

Are there new hardware/software requirements for versions beyond v1.0.*?
Reply | Threaded
|

Ulrich
Administrator
Hi Ed,

there are no special requirements for Log4View beyond 1.0.

We suspect this to be an issue with a third party library and we are currently working to fix this.

We will publish a fixed version as soon as possible.

Ulrich
Reply | Threaded
|

Philipp Lauchner
Administrator
In reply to this post by Gabriel
Dear Gabriel,

we just released a new beta version where we fixed issues with complex layouts.
You can find the latest beta version here:
http://www.log4view.com/download/beta-releases/

Yours sincerely

Philipp Lauchner
PROSA GmbH  
Development & Support